Village facilities & Brochure
Vamos as a center of the region has good customer services.
Our village is well known for the delicious Cretan food, especially after renovation of the ‘Bloumosifis Tavern’ in 1993. People from the cities as Chania, Rethymno and Heraklion drive to Vamos for a nice village atmosphere and for the delicious local food.
Now there are three good taverns, 2 pizzeria, 1 grill shops, a small ouzeri ( Greek snacks):
- Tavern ‘Sterna of Bloumosifis’ (Located in the center of the village)
- Tavern ‘Marouvas’ (Located in the center of the village)
- Tavern ‘Parasia’ (Located outside of the village, area Tsikoliana - 1,5 km)
- ‘Pizzaria’ and local food (Located close to the square)
- At café Ano–Kato Street food, breakfast on menu
- At café Mosaiko, breakfast on menu
- At the pastry shop Nectar, in the square, breakfast on menu
In the nice bakery in the village as well as the traditional grocery ‘Georgia’you will find nice goodies to make your own breakfast at your accommodation.
There are lots of cafés in the village traditional and modern ones and all of them have free Wi-Fi service. (for more detail see the Village map)
There are three mini-markets, a traditional grocery, bakery, pastry shop, butcher, bookshop, flower shop
- Bank with ATM
- Petrol stations
- Health center (hospital)
- Private dentist
For more information about the village facilities see the Vamos village map